Consultations and Committees
- Organizer and Chair: Conference on "Cognitive Science in Medicine" at McGill University Sponsored by Josiah Macy Jr. Foundation, September 1986.
- Committee Member: Conference on Computers in Medical Education at McGill University. Sponsored by IBM, June 1988.
- Co-organizer: Cognitive Science in Medicine Fund. Organizer with D. Evans for special funds for student scholarship, November 1988.
- Organizer and Chair: The Tenth Annual Conference of The Cognitive Science Society at McGill University Montreal, August 1988. (Co-organizer - Guy Groen).
- Member: IBM-McGill Co-operative Cognitive Science Lecture Series. 1990-1991.
- Program Member: McGill-University - West Indies Joint Continuing Medicine Distance Project. 1990-1992
- Senate Representative: Advisory Committee for New Dean of Education: January - March, 1991.
- Director: McGill Cognitive Science Centre Colloquium Series on Explorations in Cognitive and Neuro Sciences, 1991-1992.
- Member: Curriculum Review Committee. Faculty of Medicine, McGill University. 1991-94.
- Member: Study Section, Cognition, Emotion and Personality Research Review Committee, National Institute of Mental Health. Chevy Chase, MD, June 6-8, 1991
- Organizer and Chair: NATO Advanced Scientific Research Workshop on Advanced Models of Cognition for Medical Training and Practice. Tuscany, Italy, June 19-22, 1991.
- Member: Cyclical Review Committee of the Department of Psychology, McGill University, 1992.
- Member: Senate Committee on Continuing Education, McGill University, 1992-1994.
- Member: Faculty Council, Faculty of Education, 1992-1994.
- Member: Comité d'évaluation du programme Soutien aux équipes de recherche pour l'exercice, Fonds pur la Formation de Chercheurs et l'Aide la Recherche (FCAR), 1992-1994.
- Member: Liaison Committee on Medical Education/Committee on the Accreditation of Canadian Medical Schools Survey team visiting McMaster University School of Medicine, March 29-April 1, 1993.
- Organizer: Cognitive Science Lectures 'In Memory of Guy Groen'. McGill University, Montreal, 1993
- Member: Adhoc Curriculum Committee, Implementation Working Group, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, 1993.
- Member: APPS Sub-Committee for the Review of Existing Programs, McGill University, 1993-1994.
- Organizer and Chair: Faculty Development Program. Medical Informatics for Clinical Application: Current Advancements and Future Directions. Montreal, Canada. May 1993.
- Chair and Organizer: Session on Medical Education. 2nd Gauss Symposium, International Conference on Medical Mathematics and Physics. Munich, Germany. August 1993.
- Member: Planning for Capstone ARW Workshop in Advanced Educational Technology (AET). Grenoble, France, September 1993
- Program Committee: International Medical Informatics Association, Working Group 6. Geneva, Switzerland, 1994; Jacksonville, Florida, 1997, Arizona, 1999.
- Committee Member: Statutory Selection Committee for Promotions, McGill University, 1993-1999.
- Program Member: Conference on Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering. Cyprus, May 1994.
- Committee Member: Postdoctoral Committee, Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research, McGill University, 1994.
- Committee Member: Social Sciences Research Grants Subcommittee, Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research, McGill University, 1994-1997.
- Representative: MRC/ACMC Committee on Research in Medical Education. Medical Research Council of Canada, 1994-1997.
- Committee Member: McGill MRC Representative for the ACMC Research In Medical Education Committee. September, 1994-95.
- Program Committee: 4th Golden West Conference on Intelligent Systems. San Francisco, CA. June 12-14, 1995.
- Program Committee: International Conference on Computer in Education. Singapore, December, 1995.
- External Examiner: Doctoral Dissertation Defense. Department of Educational Research & Development, University of Limburg, Maastricht, The Netherlands. June 1995.
- Co-Chair: (with J.R. Moehr). Workshop: Advanced Patient Records and Medical Concept Representation. International Medical Informatics Association 8th World Congress on Medical Informatics. Vancouver, BC. July 1995.
- Chair, Scientific Programs: Second International Symposium on Cognition and Education: A Multidisciplinary Perspective. Varanasi, India. December 1995
- Chair: Collaborative Scientific Review Committee for HEALNet. National Centres of Excellence Award, 1996-1998.
- Program Committee: Symposium on Computer Applications in Medical Care, 1996; Washington, D.C., 1998.
- Program Committee: International Medical Informatics Association 9th World Congress on Medical Informatics. Korea 1998.
- Member: Panel on Work, Learning & Assessment, Commission on Behavioral Science: Education, National Research Council, Washington, DC, 1997.
- Member: Interdisciplinary Graduate Education and Research Training Program, National Science Foundation, Virginia, MD, USA, 1998.
- Member: Advisory Panel to the National Science Technology Board (Medical Informatics), Singapore, 1998.
- Member, Evaluation of Medical Informatics Program: National University of Singapore, National Board of Science and Technology, Singapore
- Member, National Science Foundation, Site Visit Team, Centers of Bio-Engineering Education, Berkeley, University of California, 1999.
- Committee Member: Workgroup on Health-Related Programs Merger, McGill University, 1999.
- Committee Member: Curriculum Committee, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, 1999.
- Member: Scientific Program Committee, IMIA working group 6. Arizona, December 1999.
- Member: Steering Committee. Fifth International Conference on Intelligent Tutoring Systems, Montreal, PQ, June 2000.
- Member: Scientific Program Committee, IMIA working group 4. Victoria, B.C., July 2000.
- Chair: Editorial Committee, MedInfo2001, London, U.K. May 2001.
- Committee Member: Workshop on Agents in Health Care, in Autonomous Agents 2001. Montreal, May 28, 2001.
- Member: NSF Site Visit Team Centers of Bio-Engineering Education, Vanderbilt University, Tennessee, USA, 2001-2005.
- Member: Strategic Planning Committee for Education at Columbia Health Sciences, Columbia University,2001-2002
- Member: Columbia University Provost's Advisory Committee on Libraries a, 2002-2005
- Chair and Member: NIMH extramural program contract review committee (SBIR ), Bethesda, Maryland, 2003
- Consultation: Medical Decision Logic, Inc. Towson, MD, 2004-2005
- Consultation, Director: Office of Policy Development, The New York Academy of Medicine, 2004
- Consultation: Partners Healthcare System, Inc. Needham, MA., 2003-2005
- Member: Significant Events Committee, Columbia University Medical Center, New York
- Consultation: Operations Evaluation Department, World Bank, Washington, DC 2004
- Member: NLM Loan Repayment Review, Bethesda, MD, 2004- 2006.
- Member: Clinical Research Review Committee, the National Center for Research Resources (NCRR), Bethesda, MD,
- Member: AMIA Student Paper Competition Selection Committee, Washington D.C, 2003-present.
- Chair: Search Committee for Faculty Recruitment, Department of Biomedical Informatics, Arizona State University,
Phoenix, AZ, 2007-present
- Co-Chair: Curriculum Committee, Department of Biomedical Informatics, Arizona State University,
Phoenix, AZ, 2007-present
- Member: International Adjudication Committee, International Research Chairs Initiative (IRCI), Canada, 2007
- Vice Chair: AMIA Program Committee. Washington D.C, 2009-present
- Member: AMIA Student Paper Advisory Committee (SPAC), 2007-2010
- Member: International Program Committee (IPC), International Conference on Health Informatics (Africa HI 2010)
- Member: Medinfo2010 Student Paper Committee
- Member, AMIA Awards Committee, 2010-2011
- Chair, AMIA Student Paper Advisory Committee (SPAC), 2011-2014
- Member, Executive Committee, Gulf Coast Consortia/Keck Center for Quantitative BiomedicalÂ Sciences, Rice University,2010-2011
- Member, Research Misconduct Investigation Committee (Provostâ€™s Office) UT Health, Houston, 2010-2011